Cat Boarding in a Healthy and Happy Environment
If you’re going away and leaving home for any period of time, Sparrows in the Treetop can look after your cat and give it the special care it needs.
Being a long established pet boarding specialist in Melbourne we have the experience and cattery facilities to look after your cat for either short or long term – we even looked after one particular cat for an amazing seven years.
Situated on the leafy outskirts of the great city of Melbourne, we make the best use of our attractive grounds and cattery facilities to make your cat feel at home.
Why choose us?
- Our insulated cattery, has individual accommodation for cats consisting of a three levelled habitat. From the habitat’s top level, a cat has a view of our garden while the other remaining levels are enclosed for their privacy.
- We have an indoor exercise area available to your feline friend during play time.
- We have a 24-hour veterinary service if required. Any animal needing veterinary treatment during its stay will be taken to the veterinary surgeon nominated by management. All veterinary surgeon charges will be paid by the animal’s owner.
- No charge for collection day. Additionally we offer late check out up to 3.30pm.
- We offer both overnight, short term and extended stay boarding for cats of all types and breeds. When owners are going to leave their cats with us for a lengthy period of time, we also encourage them to leave their pets with us for a weekend or overnight just so the animal can become familiar with the routines at our cat friendly accommodation.
- We have a pet transport service, to assist owners and make their life easier. We offer pickup and delivery service for select areas of Melbourne including bayside and inner city, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 6:00am and 9:00am.
- We offer a personalised service, treating your cat like a extra family member. We take down a history of what it eats at home and if it is on a special diet, and if we don’t have that type of food available, we will ask the owner to provide it during its stay with us. We also do our best to meet any pet’s special needs as requested by the owner.
- No hidden charges. We offer a flat per night fee.
To find out more about our cat boarding services, call us on 03 9436 1307. Alternatively book your cat’s stay online now.
Upon arrival at our cattery, please use our parking area and ensure your cat is contained. If this is not possible seek assistance from one of our staff.
All the animals are welcomed and thoroughly checked so we have a good understanding of their condition and health. We also record any dietary issues or certain medical requirements and what’s more we will also do our best to meet any individual requirements that your cat may have.
Sparrows in the Treetop prioritises pet welfare. To ensure we maintain a healthy pet boarding community, owners need to show us their current vaccination certificate upon admission. Each animal accepted is subject to a thorough check for cleanliness and general condition. If cleaning or delousing is necessary before admission, there will be a charge.
We reserve the right to refuse entry to any animal we believe may present unreasonable risk to our other guests and/or to our staff.
Late Pick Up
Our rate policies are on a per night basis with late check out, right up to 3:30pm (closed Sundays and public holidays) so you can relax when you get home.
Your pet will be ready for collection on the day you nominate from 7:30am. There is no need for to you call to check this unless you have returned early from your commitment/break.
If you intend to collect your pet earlier than your advised date, please provide us with at least 24 hours notice, and more if possible in peak periods, so that we can ensure grooming is performed to our exacting standards.
Please note that dates and services booked during school holiday periods are enforced whether used or not. This especially applies at Christmas/New Year and Easter holiday periods.
For the welfare of your pet, we ask that you advise us if your intention is to collect your pet’s after 2:00pm. Dogs and cats are usually not fed on collection day to prevent travel sickness and to minimise the potential for deposits in your vehicle.
The staff at Sparrows in the Treetop are all qualified, competent and love the animals that they care for. We are committed to the well-being of pets and the peace of mind of their owners.
Along with any requirements you may have, our staff can assist with rehabilitation and administer medication. We will follow veterinarian’s instructions for administration and we are fully trained in administering insulin.
Owners, using our services, have peace of mind knowing that their four legged friend is in the best of hands and that they will be properly looked after and cared for.
We are based in Yarrambat in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. It is close to Doreen, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Whittlesea, Mernda, Epping, Greensborough, South Morang, and Bundoora.